Here are some of our upcoming events:
Top 10 ways to experience Indonesia at Araluen Botanic Park this Weekend
To mark Indonesian’s cultural day Batik Day (Hari Batik National) on 2 October, celebrating Batik the traditional Cloth of Indonesia. Visit Indonesia will host a cultural extravaganza in the heart of Araluen Botanic Park, celebrating the country and its culture in all its glory.
- 1. Take in the sights and sounds of the Opening Ceremony on Saturday at 11:30am Consul General of Indonesia for Perth Ms Dewi Gustina Tobing will officially open the event, to a backdrop of captivating music and dance. Meander through the festivities to discover Batik Painting, musical instruments, food stalls and an onsite Indonesian travel agent.
- 2. Tempt your tastebuds with some Nasi Tumpeng - enjoy a taste test of Nasi Tumpeng, traditionally served in a cone shape-mountain like rice, and traditionally served as ceremonial food at special events.
- 3. Consider a trip to the real deal - learn more about the exciting destinations across Indonesia, including; Bali and Lombok for adventures: Diving, Mountain Climbing, Cycling, Golf, Rafting, Surfing. Or perhaps Komodo Island, Bedugul Botanical Garden, or Tabanan. Visit Bogor Raya Botanical Garden, Bogor West Java
- 4. Enjoy Indonesia delicacies – craving some satay? Fancy some fried rice or maybe some chilli? It’s all on offer this weekend. Enjoy a delicious lunch or snack as you take in the pristine surrounds of Araluen Botanic Park.
- 5. Let us entertain you – from the Indonesian dance demonstrations being held from noon to 1pm on Saturday, to a dance off afterwards from 1.30-3pm, the entertainment will be aplenty. If fashion is more your style, enjoy the Fashion Show Contest on Sunday between 12.30pm and 2pm.
You don’t want to miss it. Visit Araluen Botanic Park between 10am and 5pm.
Araluen Botanic Park entry fees apply.
Araluen Botanic Park invites members of the community to pay respect to soldiers who have fallen during warfare at the Grove of the Unforgotten. The event is organised in partnership with the Department of Veterans' Affairs and the Roleystone Community College Choir.
Join us for a merry night filled with Christmas cheer and magic in Araluen's Amphitheatre.
A fun filled night where the community comes together to sign, dance and enjoy the Christmas spirit.
Sunday 15th of December
Entry from 4.30 pm
Carols start at 7 pm
Gold coin entry
Come and join us for an evening of some of WA’s finest blues music under the trees and stars and overlooking the water at Araluen Botanic Park, guaranteeing a beautiful summers evening.
So grab your family and friends pack a picnic and rug, bring your favourite drinks (alcohol permitted) and enjoy an awesome night of Blues music in the breathtaking amphitheatre at Araluen Botanic Park, located in the scenic Perth’s Hills suburb of Roleystone.